Monday, September 22, 2003

I think I own enough books on photography now..

I just got two more photography books in the mail today. That makes for a total of 8 that I've bought in the past two weeks. I think I'll stop now! I have decided that my photo books will be a just in case thing, rather than a, I'm gonna study photography thing.

So far, I've just gone out and taken pictures, and as I come back in to edit them, I see things I need to change, and I work on the things that I need. I don't want to take photo classes, I don't want to study photography books. If I have a natural talent, it will come out as I adventure around in the world of photography myself. I don't need a book to tell me how to do it, I can learn on my own. If one finds themselves strongly interested in a particular subject, one is bound to explore that subject until they know it in and out..

I also got another battery for my camera, it was pretty cheap and I have run out of battery power, so I figured it was necessary. I need to stop spending, and start saving for trips. Why does money have to be so important?

Finally looked into setting the timer for my camera. I feel like such a beginner, but I still am, so it's cool. The excitement of running out and taking pictures once I got the camera is now turning into a "hey wait, I want these to look good". A little bit of studying the manual first. I'm going to be a very slow but steady learner I think. The excitement of just saying "I just wanna shoot now" is always there. Now I know how to set the timer I feel I won't need to learn that much for awhile now haha. There's a 2 second and a 10 second. Now I don't have to worry about a cable release. When taking a picture of something that isn't moving, I'll just set it on 10 seconds, and POOF! A picture will be taken without any shake, unless it's windy, but you can't help that anyway.

Now that I've learned something, I can't wait to go back out. At least I know now, if I get bored, I can just learn something new, and then I'll want to go out and take pictures using my newly learned ability.

No comments: