Saturday, September 20, 2003

Japanese Friendship Garden

I got woken up by a friend who wanted to take pictures with me today. That's one of the only ways I can be woken up and not mind waking up for. I'd never been before, so I drove around looking for this place (Japanese Friendship Garden), just to end up going back to my house because I got lost. Apparently it wasn't my fault, where the directions said "arrive at 1300 Senter Rd." it should've said TURN LEFT at Senter Rd. I ended up not paying attention and driving right by it the first time. The second time I found that there was a road called Senter, and thankfully you could only take a left on it.

We found our way there, and get out to try to find it. It's SO hot. We end up going to where there is a sign. There's a birthday or something going on in the middle of the park, so we go to the "museum entrance" just to be weirded out and realize this doesn't look right. We ask some woman and she points to way in the back of the field. I don't see an opening from where I am, but I guess there is, so we walk that way.

We get there, and the opening to the place is beautiful. I even see a little chipmunk with a piece of acorn in his mouth..a black squirrel too (never seen a black squirrel before). We decide to go right instead of left (everyone was going left) We walked around, and the initial excitement of the opening scene, left me. Then I was just surrounded by bleh, with moments of "oooh that's cool". I guess it was alright. Left kinda early cause it was so hot out, and my brain wasn't functioning because I needed to eat.

I love going out and finding things to take pictures of, but the worst thing about photography, is the picture sorting. I hate being a critic of my own work. I end up deleting a hell of a lot. I guess it's probably a good thing.

I'm starting to think I use my tripod too much too. When I was first starting, I didn't use one, and I feel I got better shots..was more versatile or something. I guess maybe I should only use it if I'm zooming in past 3x. And I have to learn the timer thing. I still haven't decided to learn how to do that, and I'm sure it's very easy. The timer will be like the release cable I can never own.

So I'm sifting through the Friendship Garden pictures, there are so many images floating around my systems, it's crazy. I need to stop so many projects at once. The friendship garden isn't what I expected either. For some reason I thought there were lot's of flowers there. Did I miss them? I don't know, but I guess I'll just check the website again. Maybe there was another park in San Jose that had lot's of flowers.




I'm proud. I did some work on my page, just fixing the links at the bottoms of the pages, but it was work. I finally put up the final Muir Woods page, wonder what took me so long, it took me less than 10 minutes. Oh well. Also getting the zoo ones sorted a bit more. It's going to take a little time, but I'll handle it, and at least I'm getting some where.

Haven't done much work on the friendship garden, because I decided to go back and fix the older stuff first.

I'm tiiiiireed. I have to work at 1 tomorrow, and have to wake up before that because the auction for the lens kit that I want ends tomorrow morning, and I HAVE to win. Yes have to.

No comments: